Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well that stinks

Something I didn't really consider when trying to get pregnant, when going gluten-free, when watching our little Bug on the ultrasound screen, was how am I going to experience and handle cravings. Cravings for a calzone pizza, soft burrito (in a flour tortilla), breadsticks, cheez-its, etc. All the things that don't have gluten-free substitutes or have them but they are a poor excuse for food!

So what do I do? Suffer. Ever been around a pregnant lady when she's having cravings? I'm not bad, sometimes I cry (only partially because of the food *wink*) but most of the time I just keep it inside and try to ignore it until it goes away after a couple of days.

It stinks, but it's worth it. It's worth it to give our baby the best chance at a healthy start as I can. It's worth it to skip risking losing this baby for a lose of just a little more sanity (on my part) and it's worth it to make my husband feel bad for me so he'll get me any (gluten-free) thing I want! I'm just kidding about that last part, promise. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment