Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2012

I Have A Toddler....

I now have a toddler toddling around my house. I can't believe how fast the first year has flown by and as sad as I am that I don't have my tiny little baby anymore, I wouldn't trade watching Carter learn and develop for anything. He follows basic directions, will clean up after himself if I ask him, tries to dress himself, signs "milk", says several words, loves being outside, going on walks and going to the park. He has so much personality and is so so close to walking! Last night he took 5 steps to get to me! He loves hiding things, like my wallet, in different drawers and baskets. He loves bath time and will ask to take a bath any time we go in the bathroom. He's a champ about brushing his teeth, eating, helping me, playing by himself. He loves books and will sit and flip through a book and "read" it out loud to himself.

He is not a very good sleeper. He stays up late, wakes up a couple times at night and sleeps in. Then he'll take a nap late in the day and start the whole cycle over again. Right now he's napping at 10 am because he woke up early around 8:30. Hopefully he'll take an earlier than 4 afternoon nap and go to bed before 10:45. I think he's just so busy playing and learning and developing that he doesn't go to sleep until he basically passes out but he won't go to sleep unless he's ready. I can try and try and try but until he chooses, he's not going to sleep. I'm going to get some sleep training books and see what works for us. I can't do cry-it-out but I feel responsible because his sleep issues started when I went to work. Before that he slept great.

He now has 6 teeth, 4 on top and 2 on bottom. He's working on more right now and is in so much pain, my poor boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment