Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 30, 2012

Adjusting

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks. Max had a random seizure, we are getting settled, established and making decisions to better our future. We have lots of appointments coming up and Max is going strong at his job. I'm getting all registered to get a certificate in digital graphic design so that in about 9 months I'll be able to do a little bit of work from home to add some mental challenge to my days and add some income.

I'm adjusting to living in a larger city. I really enjoy having everything within a couple of minutes. I love the thought of getting to decide what hospital to deliver our next baby at. I love our new congregation and our apartment.

What I don't like is that I spend most of my days at home. I haven't made any friends yet, hopefully the coming weeks I'll get closer to some of our fellow believers, and I have a hard time with Carter's horrible sleep habits, getting out for walks and other activities.

I plan on starting to go for daily walks and exercise daily and take better care of myself, do my hair and makeup and what not.

I miss having a dog in the house but I'm not where near ready to get another dog. When we do get another dog, we will start with puppy sitting/fostering and then puppy raising. I don't see us having another pet dog for a couple of years. Neither one of us are ready and we know we wouldn't be able to give a pet dog a great home and that's what we want to do.

No news on Eva yet, beyond what we found online, that they are working on getting her a diagnosis. I feel like her tough early months made me jaded, I couldn't see her for what shape she was in currently, all I could see what that tiny little puppy trying to die in my home. It's a hard thing to do, to admit that you aren't the right place for an animal you love, but I'm happy I did and she's getting an unbiased opinion and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment