Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 2, 2012

Settling In

A lot has happened since my last post. Max got a job offer quickly and started last week. We moved (post to come on that), Eva went to a golden retriever rescue and Carter turned 10 months old. My emotions have been all over the place but I feel like things are settling down now and I can return to my new normal.

My reason for suggesting we move down south was for me to be able to stay home with Carter. As much as it sucks to have moved away from my family, for me, it sucks even more to be away from Carter all day every day. I've been home for just over a month (for the second time) and there really is nothing else I would rather do. I'm excited to have the chance at a clean slate, the house is mine to organize and decorate and keep clean and tidy, not have to undo everything and redo while trying to function in it as a home.

Eva went to the golden retriever rescue for a couple of reasons. I don't feel like I'm in a place in my life to care for a large dog, or any dog for that matter. I'm dealing with getting my life stable and where I want it. Eva wasn't getting the attention she deserves and needs. That was all a secondary reason though. With the instability of our income, I knew I wouldn't be able to get her into the vets for a full work up and answers. When we took her back we were told it was her kidneys, there wouldn't be abnormal vet costs because there wasn't anything they could do for her and she would likely not see much after her first birthday. She'll be 4 in October. The golden rescue will get answers and either leave her in a permanent foster home or place her with a family who is fully informed on her health and who have the resources to support her and whatever health issues there are. I miss my beautiful golden girl but I had to put my feelings aside and do what was best for her.

No plans at this point to get a new dog or raise. We are closer to Canine Angels kennels so I will probably puppy sit when I'm ready or at least participate on outings. We still have Elijah, he's adjusting to being an inside cat.

Ok, I better go work on unpacking some more and cleaning. Off to Target later and I may start working on our little backyard.




1 comment:

  1. I would have taken Eva :( I know that decision must have been terrible for you!! Best of luck in Medford.

    ReplyDelete