Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Reason I Work

As hard as it is for me to leave Carter everyday, I have to work. At this point in time, and the foreseeable future, I don’t have an choice but to work. So here are some of the reasons I work:
To keep a roof over my son’s head.
To keep clean, fitting clothes on his body.
To put food in his belly.
To have heat in his nursery.
To have a safe, reliable way to get him from point A to point B.
To put gas in our vehicles.
To keep our pets fed.
To keep our pets flea free.
To show him that what we need is more important then what we want.
One day, (hopefully before baby #2 gets here) I will have the chance to be a stay-at-home-mommy, or better yet, work part-time. I really do enjoy my job, however, I feel like I don’t spend enough time with Carter and that hurts. Time really does fly so fast with your children and I’ll never get this time back. It’s not a matter of providing nicer things for him right now, it’s the necessary things that I’m providing. So here are my goals to reach before baby #2 (unless there’s an oops) and before I can cut my hours at work.
Baby #2
Out of debt (excluding student loans)
Improve Credit
Buy Second Safe Car
Have enough money in savings to survive for 6 months
Start paying off student loans
Start saving money for down payment on a house
The main thing to reach these goals right now is for Max to find a good, reliable job that pays enough. Then we can work towards our goals and once Max has some time in at a job, then I can talk to my bosses about cutting back to just working afternoons. Who knows if these goals will all be reached before baby #2 comes along, but either way, it’ll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment