Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

6:30 am

I lay here in bed snuggled up to my sleeping boy who just finished eating. I dread the fact that its Monday and so starts my five days of leaving him. I wish things were different, I wish I had the opportunity to take care of him all day, everyday. To comfort him when he’s in pain, to cuddle him when he’s tired and play with him. Then I feel guilty because I really do like my job, I have a good opportunity to gain some great experience and this job was handed me. I should be thankful. But my mother side is winning out and I can’t help but think of how different I wished things were. How much I wish I had the luxury of staying home with my son and him being my job. Ugh, I hope, soon, I can have that chance. For now I pursue a career that will provide me the change to work from my home so I can have the best of both worlds without leaving my family in a bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment