Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Well Rested

I am so well rested today! I'm sure that it will wear off soon since it will take some time to catch up but this is the best I've felt since at least December! The secret? You ready for this?

Carter's in his crib in his room! I figured that I would get more sleep with him in our room and me being able to just pull him into bed with me to nurse would let me get some sleep while he nurses. WRONG! I did fall asleep but being so close to his favorite food source led to near-constant nursing and having a baby laying next to you makes it hard (for me) to get good sleep. So Sunday night I nursed him and rocked him in his room with the lights off and then laid him in his crib when he was drowsy. That was around 9, I think. The cat jumped on him and woke him up at 11 so I nursed him again, in his dark room, and laid him back down. He was up at 1:30 and 4:30 to nurse then at 6:30 he nursed again in bed with me then I got up and showered and when I got out of the shower he was laying there awake, all smiles.

Last night was even better, in some ways! I got him to sleep around 8:30, he woke up at 11 but I just snuggled him for a minute and he fell right back to sleep. He was up at 2:30, nursed on one side then I went and laid back down and couldn't fall back asleep. I felt ready to start my day, read my book (on my phone), drank some water and then Carter decided he was still hungry so I nursed him on the other side. I finally fell back asleep around 4:30. Carter woke up at 6:30 again, nursed and then played in his swing with his glo-worm while I showered. He was being pretty clingy today so he sat and played on the bathroom counter while I did my hair and brushed my teeth. He loves the mirror and thought it was fun to watch me in the mirror.

It was difficult to drop him off today, he just wanted his momma. He didn't want to swing, jump, play on the floor, just wanted to snuggle me. Made me sad but no tears today! I did shed some yesterday but eh, it's bound to happen sometimes, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment