Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Breast feeding Update

I think my boy may be night-weaning, all on his own! The last two nights he has slept in his bed, the one in our room, for 8+ hours straight! Him not nursing through the night also means he's sleeping through the night! I'm so happy we didn't do any sleep training with him! I hope this keeps up though, I'm enjoying being able to sleep through the night, and not getting pushed off the bed!


We will see how him night-weaning affects his nursing in general. He has still been nursing before bed and in the morning and sometimes once during the day. I'm so happy and proud that we've made it this far, there were many times I wanted to give up but I didn't and knowing I gave my boy the best start I could and fought through all the problems makes me one proud mommy!

Carter had a dentist appointment and we found out he has an upper lip tie. I honestly never looked but now so many things make sense. It could explain the slow weight gain, my supply issues and his refusal to nurse from one side. We will be looking into getting it corrected so it doesn't impact his adult teeth or any other area of his life.

We are also working on weaning him off the pacifier. The dentist said it is causing his overbite, which I wholeheartedly disagree with for so many reasons, but regardless, it is time to get rid of them. Today he's only had it for his nap. He threw a little tiny tantrum when I took it from him after he woke up but quickly found something to get into and forgot why he was mad.

I have so much hope now that I will be able to exclusively breastfeed our future babies and will be looking for a lip tie on our newborns from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment