Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 15, 2013

Whole 30 and Me

First, I love the Whole 30! I was feeling well mentally, emotionally I was a bit of a rollercoaster and I had a strong conviction to see it through. There was one problem, one very large problem, that prevented me from finishing the first week even. I had my gall bladder removed a month and a half ago, the whole30 is a high fat diet. Apparently, my body does not agree with it, yet. I was so so sick it was interfering with basically every other aspect of my life, including being a mom and wife.

My goal is to get healthy and this just isn't the way for me at this time. I am just going to eat a natural diet that is controlled carb and exercise. I don't plan on cutting out and food groups, just choose what amounts work for me. I had lost 7-8 pounds already on just metformin so I hope that keeps up and a healthy diet and exercise results in even more.

I haven't experienced a case of stomach upset since I added grains and dairy back into my diet. I'm disappointed that I was not able to finish the month. I still have goals to meet, though, and have the determination to get there. I have a doctor appointment in one month, I hope to be down 10 more pounds by then. I also have my next endocrinologist appointment 3 weeks after that and will have another goal for that appointment.

Today (Monday), I am starting a low-carb diet and will use MyFitnessPal to track my food and exercise. I need to get my Metformin back up to 1,500 mg, I lowered it when I was having my stomach problems. I hope to be able to get up to the prescribed 2,000 mg this next month. I need this, my body needs this. I need to lose the weight. My body doesn't work at this weight.

The good news is that I've lost 12 pounds, I'm soooo close to Onederland that I can taste it, just have to get there! I have to get to my goal weight to even think about having more kiddos and with Carter turning 2 next month, I'm really feeling the pressure to get the weight off and give him a little sibling!

Anyway, I need to get off her and eat some breakfast and clean the house. Going to throw Carter on my back to make cleaning more of an exercise! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment