Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Sleep and Work

First up, sleep. I've always been a very good sleeper. I can sleep anywhere, any position, with any lights/noise going on. When I'm tired I have a very hard time staying awake and can nap and be in bed an hour later. I don't need a lot of sleep, 8-9 hours a night, pretty standard. That was all pre-pregnancy!

I can still sleep anywhere, in basically any position but I don't sleep through noise and lights as well. I am constantly tired and could sleep all day and night. I've been having a lot of pain, especially at night. My lower back kills me, tailbone aches, hips lock up and a certain little boy loves to shove his feet into my ribs. Last night was probably the best night of sleep I've gotten in awhile! I can sleep 12-13 hours a night and still feel tired. Last night I got about 9 hours a sleep from going to bed to waking up for good and I felt more rested then I have after sleeping for 13 hours! The secret?

A husband that makes sure I'm laying on my side instead of flat on my back. If I sleep on my back (not purposefully but I guess I roll over in my sleep) I get  horrible cramps in my lower abdomen and it's hard to breathe. A fleece blanket folded in half and put under my belly when I'm on my side. It makes such a HUGE difference! This little boy is getting heavy and it puts a ton of pressure on my ligaments if I don't have the blanket under my belly. I do have to wake up a little when I change the side I'm sleeping on to take the blanket with me but it's completely worth it. Another thing I did difference last night was only use one pillow for my head. Not sure if that helped or not but I've been using two and decided to try one instead. Besides that, I sleep worse with a body pillow or pillow between my legs. I usually throw my leg over Max if I need the relief off my hips at night but it's usually not needed.

The only problem last night I had was when I got up the couple of times to use the bathroom was my hips would lock up and buckle when I was walking. I don't have this problem when I get up in the morning, just in the middle of the night. I think my hips protest and are screaming at me that they should still be resting.


As far as work, I'm going to be quitting my job. I am having problems with being paid correctly and on time. The job is stressful, not just working with the dogs but the whole store stresses me out. So Max and I weighed our options and priorities and I'm going to start babysitting in a month. It will bring in enough income to help support us and make it so I can stay home with Carter. I already have one baby lined up to watch and only plan on watching two or three kids total, depending on the hours needed. It allows me to get to stay home and raise Carter, allows Max and I to have time together since I'll be home when he's home before work and on his days off and allow us to meet our financial goals.

I've also had people ask if I can groom their animals after I leave my job. No, I haven't told any clients at work but I do know some people who bring their animals in. I just have to tell my boss now that I'm leaving, a mere 4 months after starting. But there really isn't a better reason to stay home, then to raise our little boy. It's taken a lot of stress off me and makes me feel better knowing that I get to spend my days taking care of Carter, a friend's baby and our house. Now just to get the house ready for a 13 month old and a newborn in the next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment